[Company Logo Image]


Home Up Contents SEARCH 

IRS Enrolled Agent Logo

Why an Enrolled Agent
Certifying Acpt Agent
Free Services
Email Advice
Track Your Tax Refund
Tax Glossary
Neat Facts & Stats
1913 US Form 1040
Questions & Library
Partner Profiles
Tax Calendar
Reasons to Call Us
Links Of Interest
Privacy & Disclosure

How Do I Report Income From A Schedule K-1?

If you are a partner in a partnership (Form 1065), member of an LLC or LLP treated as a partnership (Form 1065), shareholder of an S- corporation (Form 1120S), or beneficiary of a trust or estate (Form 1041), you should receive a Schedule K-1, referencing the number form shown, for tax reporting purposes.

Schedule K-1 show your share of the income and other items to be reported on your personal income tax return, as a result of the larger entity. The Schedule K-1 cross-references to schedules and line numbers on your return, and explanations of each item are included in the Instructions for Schedule K-1, with which you should have been provided as well.

Be aware that reporting of some K-1 entity income, deductions and credits, particularly those from businesses in which you do not actively participate, can get rather complex, and may be limited under various tax laws due to the passive activity rules, at-risk limitations, and other factors. Professional guidance with such matters is suggested.



  [Back] [Home] [Up] [Next]

We do not offer legal advice. All information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for proper legal advice. If you have legal questions, we recommend that you seek the advice of legal professionals.

Tax Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Rules, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein.

Copyright 2017 Wink Tax Services / Wink Inc.
Last modified: January 30, 2017